Next round of improvements

Had another sail, this time with some wind. Still not on the wire though (I blame my weight, well, also the wind). Almost capsized a couple of times due to slips, or messing up with the long tiller extension.

Came back with a few more projects. My hands were weak after three hours of sailing, and my legs bruised (find myself kneeling a lot in lighter air).


  • [Done] Rework outhaul so it doesn't rub against the vang
  • [Done] Raise the trapeze rings so I can crouch/wire in lighter air
  • [Done] Improve travel on the vang, I two blocked it at one point
  • [Done] Add ratcheting block to the mainsheet system
  • Add non skid to a couple of sections
  • Seriously consider foam pads in areas on the deck!

In general though my first set of improvements (mainly the new smaller lines!) worked well.

Some of this is already done. New lines to the left below, old to the right. MUCH cleaner now!



The new sleeve on the boom worked well, though it may need some reinforcements yet.


The main project though remains to get the rudder pin going all the way up through the tiller. This may or may not make it this weekend - the base layer of carbon is built as shown in a previous post and currently being built up further with filler to the shape I want, before sealing with a top layer of carbon. It'll be very stiff and I think it'll strengthen the join between the tiller and rudder head nicely.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Repairing the rudder

Upgrade to control lines

Album