Mounting the Frames Part II

Got all the frames mounted on the building box. In my mind I'd been expecting a few hours (meaning a couple of days) of adjustment to get them straight but blargh I have to admit some disappointment at how far out my supports were.


As I was having difficulty eyeballing which frames were out I added a second string down the centreline. This makes things clear as day. Frame #1 is a joke, Frame #4 which should have been setup when I was getting the hang of things is significantly off centre too (and actually its off vertically too now I come to remeasure it).

Despite it getting late I remounted #1. Didn't take long to get a much better attempt.


Frame #4 will get remounted tomorrow. And then I'll continue adjusting the others to get everything straight enough for a dry fit of the girder. Won't be sniffing a stringer until the weekend for sure!!!

Take away thoughts:
  1. Second string on centre line is awesome
  2. Needed to do a better job with the initial layout
  3. (And I wonder if I still need to address this) Having the frame feet setup for easier adjustment would be a good idea. The way I've mounted them (copied from other 3.7 builders) is not very adjustable in any direction. 

Despite the annoyance its still cool to see the boat start to take some shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album