The Doctors In the House

I'd heard that a stethoscope can be useful when vacuum bagging but finally got to use one. I had a leak in the most complicated piece I've bagged yet and was getting confused as to its location because the sound of air rushing through the back was distracting.

Lucky my daughter has a scope - think it dates back to her being a sick baby but these days it lives in her dress up clothes. Using it got me down to the leak right away and with a full seal the piece came out great!


And then all squished down


Walk on the pier, with an audience later....


And the rudder box came out better than I'd expected for such a complicated piece. Still planning on a second  (well third) full layer of carbon



I also took a moment to sand the inside of the dagger board case. This took down the main bumps and the daggerboard fit much better afterwards. I resealed and hopefully it still fits after that!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album