Fitting the foils

Hoisted Farrout on her side and did a dry run of rudder and daggerboard. The daggerboard is a very tight fit. Looking inside the slot there are a few epoxy runs that will help. It fits, just might be annoying to adjust on the water.

The rudder is slightly offset. I think it was perfect and last night just before I called it a day I made one last tweak to the rudder axle and now it's offset. Going to leave as is, it's closer than my big boats rudder is and I may end up rebuilding the whole rudder and rudder box assembly anyway.





There's a bit more gap at the top of the rudder than i'm happy with so I'm guessing going to fill it - pretty sure this will be in the top of the stern wave.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album