Glued the decks on.

Started work early today and skipped a lunch break. Took three 15 minutes breaks to slap on sealing epoxy coats to the undersides of the decks then stopped work early to throw them on.

Gluing took longer than expected, mainly because the foredeck took a while to get the edges weighed down.

Lots of bricks and some rope and then duct tape. The tape was the real solution.



Backtracking a little, before strapping the decks down I needed to make a decision on chainplates on or off. I did a few trial runs at putting the washers and nuts on through the access panels. It's tricky but I was able to without being on the deck so I left them off when gluing the deck. During my trail runs I did drop the spanner inside the boat and found how hard it will be to retrieve with the decks on.... so lets not do that!



Okay. Back to the decks. My better half is away so I had the kids, soon as they were read to and on the way to sleep I was getting those bricks off and putting the hand planar to work. An hour and a half later we have something that looks like a boat!



There are some small gaps in the top of the deck and a little damage to repair in one corner before I get to the next stage. I'm going to try and make a filler paste that matches the color the marine ply will turn when epoxied. Not sure how yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album