Waste three days

I was rushing.....

I've been sealing the bottom. A layer of 4oz cloth laid over the hull for two days, then squeegeed, then filler coats with pigment in them to make it visible where I'd rolled them on.

It was going swimmingly or so I thought. I had a race to get to on my big boat, and winches to rebuild before we hit the water so as I say I was rushing as I laid down the final filler coat.

And on the last batch (I've been working in 4 pump squeeze batches, seems a nice working size) I suddenly realized the viscosity felt different, lighter.  And the pot wasn't warning....

Ooops.

No hardener.

And I had to rush off leaving it like that. In hindsight this was silly, I should have scrapped off as much as possible but I figured if it didn't set it would still be easy to remove later.

WRONG.

Some of it actually went quite hard, but I could still mark it with my nail 24 hours later.

So I scrapped it off.

Two hours of scrapping.

Probably some more tomorrow to finish up when my back recovers.

Meanwhile here are some piccies!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album