Scarfing stringers

Before moving on I built a bumper for the boat. It's a little annoying but I was catching on the frames a lot so I think this boat build diaper should help.


With that in place I returned to scarfing. This meant removing the very useful "thin rip" guide from my table saw....


And replacing it with my scarfing sled jig built back when I was getting ready to start construction.


The little wedges allow for different wood thicknesses. Having used the jig I'm now 1) happy with it and 2) feeling it needs an addition - an adjustable vertical clamp that holds the wood secure against the blade.

As it stands it worked.



Pause for a sunset

And glue and clamp.


Heading down to North Sails to pick up my big boat spinnaker (sailing367.blogspot.com) and going to chat about sails for a 3.7.

Funny that, my big boat being a 36.7 Farr designed Beneteau and here I am on a 3.7m Farr Designed home build.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album