Last phase of major construction about to start

Despite a week of distraction (see my other boat) I got a few minor jobs done and finally ordered the last two ply sheets for the deck and the carbon for the deck and foils.

I may actually have enough carbon for the gantry setup too and ordered a 1" pipe to connect the transom together and hang the gantry from.

The minor jobs included mounting the chainplates and cutting away some of the extra bulkhead so that there is a chance to access the back of the chainplates through the inspection hatch.

I also wimped out and added a small amount of support for the mainsheet block in the form of two cedar doublers on the girder. This is because I may go with a four screw block and the screws would be near the edge of the girder.



The plan for the weekend is to cut out the rest of the card templates for the deck, and to start the centreboard. I now have an approximate plan on how to get the shape right but some trepidation too!

Will need to get my hands on some vacuum bagging equipment too but that's a little down the line yet, perhaps November.






Oh dang she gone started looking like a boat. I might be a little sad to take them off but putting the ply on is going to be awesome.

Realised I should have added a little ledge for the side decks to sit on at the front, will have to add that.

Will order the mast, boom and sail from c-tech next month.

So much left to do but really starting to get excited. Just arranged a swap sail with Nick's new UFO so I better get my act in gear and get this done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Next round of improvements

Upgrade to control lines

Repairing the rudder

Album